Luigi's Appearance in NSMBU
Luigi is Mario's younger, taller, thinner twin brother. He is a major protagonist of the Mario series. Luigi has helped and fought alongside his brother on many occasions. Throughout his life, he has lived in Mario's shadow, developing both cowardly and heroic tendencies. Mario Bros. marks his first appearance in the Mario series and his debut in general. Originally a palette swap of Mario, Luigi was created to facilitate a second player option.
Abilities and Gameplay StylesEdit
- Running Speed: Normal
- Jump Height: High
- Fall Speed: Low
- Secondary Jump: Spin Jump
- Can carry weapons
- Carries items in front of him
- Can ride in Shoes, on Yoshi, and in the Koopa Clown Car
- Coin Block Effect: Knocks all coins out of the block at once
- Fire Flower: Transforms into Fire Luigi. Fire Luigi shoots green fireballs that bounce higher than Mario's fireballs, and can also bounce up steep slopes without "breaking."
- Raccoon Leaf: Transforms into Raccoon Luigi. Aside from the changes in jumping and movement speed, he plays exactly like Raccoon Mario.
- Hammer Suit: Transforms into Hammer Luigi. Aside from the changes in jumping and movement speed, he plays exactly like Hammer Mario.
- Tanooki Suit: Transforms into Tanooki Luigi. Aside from the changes in jumping and movement speed, he plays exactly like Tanooki Mario.
- Ice Flower: Transform into Ice Luigi. His iceballs can bounce up steep slopes.